Last updated: October 23, 2013
Thank you for using GreatPhillySchools.org (hereinafter, the “website”). This page states the terms and conditions under which you may use the website and any materials, online communications and other information that is or becomes available on the website. By using the website you accept and agree to be bound, without limitation or qualification, by these terms.
General Terms & Conditions
In every instance where PSP uses the GREAT PHILLY SCHOOLS trademark, PSP will include a disclaimer stating that ‘GREAT PHILLY SCHOOLS’ is not affiliated with GreatSchools, Inc. GREATSCHOOLS is a registered trademark of GreatSchools, Inc.
The website is owned by the Philadelphia School Partnership (“PSP”), a nonprofit institution that is tax exempt under IRS 501[c](3) regulations. The website is designed to provide users with information to choose schools for their children, understand the school system and support schools in their community. The information included on the website is provided free of charge as a user convenience and is for informational purposes only. Neither PSP nor other project partners shall be liable to you or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
PSP reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information that is, in PSP's sole discretion, unacceptable or undesirable. By posting content, including comments, to any part of the website, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to PSP an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, perform, display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. PSP authorizes you to view and download the materials on the website solely for your personal, non-commercial use.
As a website user of GreatPhillySchools, you agree (1) to not submit any content that is protected by copyright or otherwise proprietary information of a third party, unless you have the right to do so; (2) any comment or other information you submit may be modified for brevity or for any other reason prior to posting at the sole discretion of GreatPhillySchools’ site monitors; (3) if you submit your email address, it may be used in co-marketing or co-branded email communications; (4) the GreatPhillySchools website and its contents are provided “as is” without any warranty, to the maximum extent permitted by law; (5) any information you submit will be true and correct to the best of your knowledge; and (6) you will indemnify and hold GreatPhillySchools harmless to the extent that GreatPhillySchools is subject to claims arising from any information that you submit.
The purpose of posting comments is for users to share information regarding the website and schools located in Philadelphia. PSP in its sole discretion reserves the right to edit, abbreviate or remove comments as needed for purposes of brevity or when comments don’t adhere to these guidelines:
1. Do not include names of students or teachers. The website is for families to learn more about schools in Philadelphia. It is okay to relate experiences you have had with regard to one or more schools, but the website is not an appropriate forum for comments that identify specific students or individuals working in a school.
2. Do not use offensive language.
3. Do not post comments or pictures that are inappropriate for audiences under the age of 18, including sexually explicit comments/pictures, on the website.
4. Do not post any information, such as email addresses or detailed physical descriptions, that would help other users to identify minors under the age of 14.
5. Do not encourage inappropriate communications or interactions with or between children in any way.
6. Obey the law. If you are not sure that what you want to comment is legal, do not post it without checking. Contact the website using the “Contact Us” form if you have questions.
7. Respect copyright law. Please do not cut and paste articles or other original content for which you are not the copyright holder, unless you have the explicit permission of the original publisher. PSP is required by law to remove all copyrighted material if requested by the copyright holder. It is okay to refer to the title of original content, to summarize it in your own words, and to direct other users to a site or other location where that original content can be found.
8. Be aware that what you post on the website will be visible to all users of GreatPhillySchools.org and could end up anywhere on the Internet.
9. Do not post anything that contains harmful code, including viruses or other codes that harm computer software or programs or the proper functioning of any software, hardware or equipment or materials.
10. Do not collect screen names or email addresses from the website for any commercial use.
11. Don't believe or trust everything you read. When a comment recommends something, such as a product or service, it is a personal recommendation and not one endorsed by the website or its partners.
12. Do not post advertisements for other websites, products or services.
13. Do not use GreatPhillySchools to spread spam. Do not post chain letters, pyramid schemes or junk mail.
14. Please do not use ALL CAPS in comments, except perhaps to indicate a book title or proper name. Writing in all capital letters is the online equivalent of shouting.
15. Do not misrepresent your identity. While your full name typically will not be visible to users unless you want it to, it is going too far to post in such a way that you give the impression that you are someone you are not.
16. Do not repost something that was deleted from Comments. Comment privileges may be revoked for members who violate this and other guidelines.
17. Help us monitor Comments. If someone is behaving inappropriately on the website, please report what you have seen to PSP by using the “Contact Us” form that can be found on the bottom of any page on GreatPhillySchools.org.
18. Do not use Comments to make customer-service inquiries regarding the website. Instead, please visit our "Contact Us" page that can be found at the bottom of any page on the site.
The website may contain links to third-party websites. These links are solely to assist users in locating other Internet resources that may be of interest to them, and you assume sole responsibility and risk for your use of links to third-party websites. The accuracy or reliability of any of the information of those resources is not endorsed by GreatPhillySchools. No reference or link to a third party or a third-party site shall constitute an endorsement of such third party or such third-party site.
PSP shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to make improvements and/or changes in any aspect of the website at any time and does not accept any responsibility for the effects these alterations may have. PSP also reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove terms of this agreement at any time without notice. You agree to review this Agreement periodically since such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon posting and your subsequent use after such posting shall conclusively be deemed to be acceptance by you of such changes, modifications or deletions.
Except where otherwise noted, all website contents Copyright © 2012 of Philadelphia School Partnership (PSP). All rights reserved under United States and foreign law. No part of the materials on the website, including but not limited to the text, graphics and html code, may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means without written permission from PSP.
By accessing GreatPhillySchools.org, you consent to the information collection and use practices described in this policy, as modified from time to time by PSP. If we decide to change our privacy statement, we will post a new policy on the website and change the "last updated" date on the “Terms & Conditions” page. Therefore, we encourage you to check the date of our Terms & Conditions policies whenever you visit the website for any updates or changes.
Information We Collect
GreatPhillySchools.org logs IP addresses (a unique number assigned to every computer on the Internet) in order to improve security, analyze trends and administer the website. We may track your movement within the site, the pages from which you were referred, access times and browser types. We only use this information in aggregate and do not link it to you personally.
From time to time, GreatPhillySchools may ask you to participate in a survey, but the information you provide will be used in the aggregate and will not be linked to you personally.
The personal information GreatPhillySchools obtains about individual visitors to the website is information the visitor supplies voluntarily. This means that you can use the website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, if you want to participate in the GreatPhillySchools online community by posting comments or joining our free email newsletter subscription list, you must provide your name, email address and/or password.
Surveys or Promotions
Customer Service Correspondence
We may collect information that identifies you personally when you submit comments, questions or suggestions via the website’s “Contact Us” page or form.
Use of Personal Information
The website receives and stores any personal information you enter on the site or give to us in any other way. We may also receive information from you from other sources.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples might include fulfilling orders, sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
We may share personally identifiable information that you have voluntarily provided to GreatPhillySchools with third parties in order to have them send you surveys or other information that we think you might find of interest. We promise not to share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the purpose of marketing sales promotions or other advertisements intended to encourage the purchase of products or services. However, there may be times when advertisements for products or services appear in an email newsletter sent by GreatPhillySchools to our email newsletter subscribers. In such cases, it will be PSP or GreatPhillySchools sending the newsletter—not the third party. At any time, you may request that your personally identifiable information be removed from our email newsletter subscription list(s) or other user lists.
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance. Generally, you may not opt out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to cancel your account with GreatPhillySchools via the “Contact Us” page or form.
Removing Your Personal Information
If at any time you do not want us to send you information about GreatPhillySchools, or you want your user account shut down, you may inform us and we will work promptly to remove your name from our email lists and/or active accounts database. You may also click the unsubscribe link on our email newsletters.
Access to Your Information
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information we received from you is not correct, please contact us. We will be happy to review, update or remove information as appropriate. We may still retain your information in our files, however, to resolve disputes, enforce our user agreement, and be able to conform to technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of the website.
How What's Next Protects Your Information
We have security procedures for the storage and disclosure of personal information that you have given us, in order to prevent unauthorized access.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer
Our site may also contain links to other websites. PSP does not control and is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of these or other websites.
How to Contact Us